Diagnosing Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in children can be challenging. It requires a multidisciplinary team approach from initial assessment and diagnosis, through to subsequent management and family support.
Facilitated by Dr Jo Adendorff and Dr Hilton Koppe, this webinar will bring together an expert multidisciplinary panel consisting of a GP, Paediatrician, Child Psychologist and School Counsellor. The case will follow the journey of an early primary school aged child – starting with concerns raised about behaviour by his class teacher, and following through his diagnosis and management.
This case study will be explored in a Q&A style presentation. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions to the panel throughout the discussion.
By attending this workshop, participants will have increased their confidence, knowledge and skills to enable them to:
- Recognise how children with ADHD may present in general practice.
- Develop a framework in considering differential diagnoses.
- Refer appropriately to local services available for assessment and management.
- Explain how other clinicians contribute to the management of ADHD in a multidisciplinary team approach.
- Allocated 4 CPD Activity Points (Activity 191612) with RACGP
- Allocated 2 CPD Activity Points (Activity ID 19229) with ACRRM
- 1.5 CPD hours for nurses and allied health professionals
Download the event flyer for more information