We are still taking registrations for this event. Given the current COVID-19 situation, we are working on digital delivery for this content. As a registered participant you will be the first to be notified of any changes to this event.
This event will provide participants with important updates to the National Immunisation Program Schedule delivered by Carolyn Lloyd, Immunisation Coordinator North Coast Public Health Unit. Updates will also include vaccine cold chain management, practice auditing processes for cold chain management and current recommendations for immunisation in pregnancy.
Measles cases are rising globally and the number of measles related deaths in 2018 was 140,000, with the majority being under the age of 5 years. This event will include a measles case study with discussion on the recognition and management of measles in a society where the disease was seldom seen in recent years due to immunisation.
By attending this workshop, participants will have increased their confidence, knowledge and skills to enable them to:
- Implement recent updates to vaccine cold chain management into their professional practice.
- Implement clinical practice audits for best-practice vaccine cold chain management.
- Explain current immunisation recommendations during pregnancy.
- Describe situations that can result in the resurgence of a vaccine-preventable disease within our community.
- Recognise and appropriately manage a possible presentation of measles (and other vaccine-preventable diseases).
5:30pm – Registration, Networking & Dinner
6:00pm – Workshop commences
8:30pm – Close
This activity is eligible for self-reported professional development points. A certificate of attendance will be provided upon completion of this education to facilitate self-reporting to your regulatory body.
For more information on this event please contact North Coast GP Training via email email@example.com or 02 5632 1250.
The Health Workforce Professional Development events are funded by the North Coast Primary Health Network, an Australian Government initiative.